Written by Contributing Writer, William Ballard
Speaker: Senior Pastor Brent Calhoun (Sunday: 3PM)
Psalms 66:8 O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard:
In the beginning:
- God Said let there be light
- God said let the waters be gathered together
- God said let there be grass and trees
- God said let there be birds, fish, animals
- God spoke and all the birds began to sing, the animals began to make a noise
God formed man after His own image:
- God gave man dominion power
- God came down and walked with man in the cool of the evening
- God had communion with Man
- God desired a people that would love Him
Genesis 5:24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
- Here is a man that pleased God,
- loved and obeyed God
God just reached down and scoped Enoch up and translated him into Gods presence because he pleased God!
When creation started it was noise
- as creation began to form it was chaotic as God spoke into existence a place where God could have communion with man
- When the new convent was being written with Gods own blood it was noise
- As the ground began to shake and as the creator was making a way for mankind to once again come face to face with Almighty God
When the children of Israel entered into the tabernacle, it was with praise and worship.
- Before the laver was praise and worship
- Before and at every stage of the tabernacle was praise and worship
- We need to acknowledge God and praise Him for His goodness
- When they had unrepented sin they worshiped God
Are you tired of dead dull boring church?
- It is time we stopped talking about the Shekinah and experience the Shekinah!
- God inhabits the praises of His people!
- Remember when God gave us this building, someone stepped out into the isle and received the Holy Ghost
- We worship because we know Him and He comes to us
- Not worship if we feel Him!!!!
- God is in the worship, He inhabits the Worship!
Remember the walls of Jericho!
Joshua 5:13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
Joshua 5:14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?
Joshua 5:15 And the captain of the LORD'S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.
Joshua 6:1 Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in.
Joshua 6:4 And seven priests shall bear before the ark seven trumpets of rams' horns: and the seventh day ye shall compass the city seven times, and the priests shall blow with the trumpets.
Joshua 6:5 And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long blast with the ram's horn, and when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout; and the wall of the city shall fall down flat, and the people shall ascend up every man straight before him.
Joshua 6:6 And Joshua the son of Nun called the priests, and said unto them, Take up the ark of the covenant, and let seven priests bear seven trumpets of rams' horns before the ark of the LORD.
- God inhabits the praises of His people
- Take off your shoes you are entering a place where even the Ground is Holy because the Captain of the Lords army is coming
Saul and David:
Saul tried to have church His way and it didn’t work, he disobeyed.
David decided he wanted the Shekinah, so he decided to go after the ark of the covenant.
- It was a great plan and David had the right attitude
- Someone came up with a great plan
- Ease the burden a little, we have technology now King David so the Priest won’t get tired
- We have a new-fangled thing called a cart
- We can usher the Shekinah into our city using a cart,
- This is faster than all night prayer
This brought death:
- This is why people are dying in our churches
- We forgot the method
- We thought a new cart (technology) was the answer
Then David remembered:
Psa_100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
Psa_102:18 This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD.